Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Sanguine Too Friggin' Soon...

Opened my big mouth too soon on the day...

SOOOOOOOOO...I post, go upstairs to my office, and notice one of my goldfish, Lava, is sick. He's been a little lethargic lately, so I've been watching him closely. I decide to crank up my small "hospital" tank, isolate Lava and treat him with antibiotics.

That also means I've got to do a major clean out of my big tank...okay, I'm not totally busy. I bustle around, setting up the small tank, checking online with Goldfishparadise.com (no, I'm not making this up) to disucss symptoms, cleaning out the big tank.

Thanks to the fact that multi-tasking is a MYTH, I eventually pump about five gallons of water onto my office floor — nice little waterfall, really. I've just about got that under control when I hear a spectacular crash from the bathroom, where Alf the Wonder Dog has decided that today would be an excellent time to plumb the mysteries of the small tank.

My own instant bathroom tsunami, complete with water, broken glass, pieces of heater and lights and one sick fish on an E-ticket ride!

Once I got THAT cleaned up, I decided I have to go to Boulder to get a new small tank and antibiotics...of course, it's SNOWING

Well, I guess as Brother Ice Cube once sang...

"I didn't even have to use my AK
I would say it was a good day..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If nothing else it sounds like your "Ebola-Man" persona is gone....