Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Sharks! Germs! Infidelity! No real news!!!

It's a No-News Wednesday! The morning shows are full of shark sightings, germs in the workplace, spouses humping strangers like rabid minks and the failure of the Zoloft defense. It's a sad commentary when the best thing on television is a Fed Ex commercial..."You mean we don't get 'French' benefits?"

On the plus side, I got a new set of AlumaGrips for one of my 1911s yesterday. As I mentioned previously, I'm a Big Fan of these aluminum grips. My goal is to change over all my "working" 1911s to AlumaGrips and the Wayne Novak integral mainspring housing/beavertail.

If you're looking for something a little different in 1911 grips, how about a silver Death? Check out wickedgrips.com for Celtic, Goth and very strange 1911 grips. If I was going to go vampire hunting in New Orleans cemetaries, these grips would be de rigeur to be sure. I wonder if you could fit a wooden stake to a light mount so it would fit on a 1911 accessory rail? I'm liking this a lot! A Novak magazine stoked with 230-grain silver bullets, silver crosses set in grips blessed with Holy Water and a quick-detach wooden stake! Be afraid, Undead! Be very afraid! Red dot site, or no?

How would you like to see Van Helsing with that bad boy?

While we're on the subject of 1911s, be sure to visit 1911.org and see the really cool animations on 1911 operations put together by my pals at STI International. I've said this before and I'll say it again — yes, they're expensive, but STI makes the best out-of-the-box pistols in America. Go to "What's New" and click on "STI Special Edition." This proves that STI prez Dave Skinner has been watch 'way too many old movies! At least the remake of The Man With The Golden Gun can at least have a golden gun that will work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need a set of these grips for my Hellsing gun.