Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Head Colds & New Guns

Definitely ragged out this AM, probably because I'm gearing up for the Hollywood Celebrity Shoot in Vegas this weekend. I plan to spend some time with Joe Mantegna, whom I met a few years back after he did the HBO Ratpack movie. He played Dean Martin and modeled his character partly on a book from my old NYC running buddy, Nick Tosches. I also thought he did a real nice job of portraying the Robert Parker Spenser character.

Heard back from the Colorado State Shooting Association, of which I am a member, on the range closure. They said, basically, good luck. There's $35 a year well spent! Well, we'll press on.

Got my two new 50th Anniversary Flat-top Ruger Blackhawks. I'm pretty impressed (thought I haven't shot 'em yet). I love the feel of the Flat-tops and the smaller gripframe. The triggers could use work, but what else is new? I'm thinking of taking them up to Wyoming over the Fourth of July weekend and shoot that big regional cowboy match with 'em. I've got a lot of .357 cowboy loads lying around from my last assault on the Big Blue Machines In The Basement, assuming of course that my Sweetie will let me use my Navy Arms Winchester 92 clone in .357, the one rebuilt by Steve Young at Steve's Gunz, who is by far and way the best '92 mechanic in the country. She appropriated the gun awhile back because it shot so well. Funny how that works. I finally got her one of the Marlin .32 H&R Cowboys (after two years), which went out to Steve earlier this week with a note that it was ALL HIS FAULT AND HE HAD TO MAKE THE MARLIN EXACTLY LIKE THE '92!!!

In other fun stuff, I've been talking to country star and number one cowboy singer Michael Martin Murphey about doing original music for our new, as yet unannounced, television series tentatively titled HORSES WILD. Yesterday, his management said the whole idea was 'way cool. A nice piece of negotiation, if I do say so myself.

Am also considering a hunting show that would (hopefully...but then I have a head cold!) break the paradigm for those shows. Yeah, and all I need is a clone! As I've said before, quoting Brother Tom Petty...

Well I don’t know what I’ve been told
You never slow down, you never grow old
I’m tired of screwing up, I’m tired of goin’ down
I’m tired of myself, I’m tired of this town
Oh my my, oh hell yes
Honey put on that party dress
Buy me a drink, sing me a song,
Take me as I come ’cause I can’t stay long

Gotta go feed the fish...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should leave CSSA and join RMGO. They are always itching for fight. www.rmgo.org