Tuesday, July 11, 2006

FINALLY! A Question Answered!

"Johnny, there's some shit you got to walk through alone..."
Al Swearengen
Deadwood


It is Monday, isn't it? Or Tuesday. Yesterday was schedule day, in which I hammered out my travel schedule for August. Which took the entire day, with the exception of my mountain bike ride at lunch.

However, during the ride, it was as if scales were lifted from my eyes!

I found the answer to a question I've been asking over and over again to no avail. Well, I won't keep you in suspense one minute longer than necesary...I found out what USFS Rangers really do! That's right, I've been darned puzzled about what the Greenies do with their time, aside from harassing shooters, running from Rainbow People and scheduling public meetings to ask for more resources.

Well, now I know.

They make little baby Greenies!

Since it was a quickie lunch bike, my Sweetie and I biked the upsy-downsy gravel roads around here, eventually ending up on a dead-end road up pretty high. There parked at the end of the road under the "Dead End" sign was a Greenie truck, with what appeared to be a single Ranger in it studying a map. Upon, as they say in Deadwood, closer inspection, the one Greenie was revealed to be two Greenies...well, they might not have been Greenies, as they weren't wearing their Greenie Gear. They were in t-shirts...maybe they were undercover Rangers...

And, in truth, they may have been just reading the map. While I have never stretched out along the front seat with my back to the door and arranged to have a member of the opposite sex laying on top of me to help me read a map, maybe that's why I'm lost all the time!

In any case, I'm definitely not riding in the front seat of a Greenie truck...ick!

Anyway, I got a laugh out of it!

6 comments:

Not Available said...

They were having sex? In a truck? In broad daylight? memories...

Not Available said...

Sorry for the additional post, I couldn't resist.

Memries,
Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? could we?
Memries, may be beautiful and yet
Whats too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So its the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
The way we were.

Anonymous said...

Thats why they dislike shooting in national forests ... gunfire is too distracting during sex.

Anonymous said...

there ya go MB...a subplot and sex scene for your sequel to ANR. Kashi infiltrates the dreaded Greenies and s....s the aniti-gun head honcho to death in the cab of his staff SUV. Maybe parked at the former public shooting range following another hearing on gun control on USFS land. poetic justice. ya gotta love it.....

Anonymous said...

I just glad there are some female rangers have sex with men.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure the two were of opposite sexes?