Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Smell of Napalm in the Afternoon...

First, let me say that I was BLOWN AWAY this weekend by the number of people who wanted to shake my hand and talk about SHOOTING GALLERY...blown away and humbled...thank you all so much! I hope it goes without saying that the most important part of SG and COWBOYS are you viewers, and I treasure your thanks, your handshakes and your thoughts.

Those things make me a very lucky person!

THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU...

Thanks to Kenny, Tracy, Joe, the Little Fat Guy and the whole crew at Knob Creek. Also a very special thanks to veteran instructor and security officer Chris Schlager, who totally ran interference for me and the crew and did so with spectacular good humor...thanks,dude!

I got to fire the flamethrower today, as well as meet an exceptional couple — Dave and Sunni Michael, who quite literally keep the flames burning. Shall I say the flamethrower was hot? Hella-hot? Definitely major caliber? I can't wait for you guys to see the video! I may try to get an MPEG up on DOWN RANGE...

This was also the most expensive expo I've ever been to, to wit:
John Ross Signature .500 S&W Magnum revolver...expensive
S&H Arms Ruger 77/44 .44 Magnum bolt-action rifle with suppressor...more expensive
Anzio Iron Works .50 BMG rifle...oh come on, Michael!
Still, gotta be done, especially with the possibility of the Hillary-Beast on the horizon. Thankfully, I can spread the cash out over a few months!

All in all, big fun had by all...on to Wilson Combat for the 30th anniversary show...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

MICHAEL....I REALLY HATE TO CHANGE YOUR PHRASE FOR MRS.CLINTON........

BUT SHE THE ...HILDABEAST!!!!LOL

Flash Powder Hal said...

Knob Creek has got to be the ultimate FUN SHOOT! I can't wait to see the show on it.

We can all pray Fred can defeat Her Beastness next year - PLEASE.

Unknown said...

I'm not a handcannon guy, but on principle alone I'd love a Ross edition revolver.

Anonymous said...

I hope you filmed the subgun and other competitions. I never ceases to amaze me how folks go to knob creek and watch people blasting ammo down the line and think that's all there is to see. Line shoots are neat and all but they do no display any level of shooter skill.

One of the nations largest submachine gun competitions with the best gathering of competitors is at knob creek. There are also pistol, rifle, shotgun and bolt action matches.

Health News said...

I really appreciate the blog since the first time do I saw it. Now they have reached another milestone which lead us to report about it, and I think it's a great new... as the content of the text.