Thursday, July 28, 2011

Yeech

I'm doing tax stuff over the next few days...I'd rather feed Mr. Weasel into a blender, but there you are.

I'm trying to run down the other mini-9s I don't have. I talked to a friend at Kahr at the Shooting Industry Masters, so hopefully that'll be in the works. I'm going to get a Kel-Tec and one of the new Diamondbacks, which I keep hearing so much about. I do need to run down a Sig 290... Handled one at the gunstore yesterday and had a good gunsmith take me through it.

I need to get to the range this weekend and run a bunch of .22s through my RRC guns...then I suppose it's conceivable I gotta clean the darn things. SG producer John Carter told me he's running a Nordic Components 10/22 as his rifle...I was bummed. I had a Ruger SR22 for evaluation, pretty much a Nordic Component gun, and it shot like a house afire. Light, fast and crazy accurate, but I returned it because I've got a bunch of 10/22s. I'd love to be running that gun with a good set of AR-15 irons! I am going to build a new pistol for next year's matches, though.

This weekend we're going to do a road bike ride from Breckenridge through Copper Mountain over Vail Pass...it's a wonderful ride and an honest-to-goodness lung buster! I'm looking forward to it. Then it's the Backcountry Brewery!

BTW, I've pretty much decided to get a Browning BSS SxS for sporting clays. I love the way the BSS I got from cowboy gunsmith "Johnny Meadows" handles!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is my old trusty Sig 239 considered a mini 9?

Gerry

Pathfinder said...

FTB: "I do need to run down a Sig 290"

Yes, Michael, yes you do!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So I take it you won't be at Pawnee on Saturday?
-Grizz

Tame Bill said...

I know the whereabouts of a high grade BSS...

Tame Bill

Anonymous said...

"tax stuff" ???? since only the fabulously wealthy pay taxes these days in America, you better be kicking in an extra 10 or 20 percent to support all us other folks ! I want to go shooting more often and can't afford it. The President says YOU OWE US !!!

Michael Bane said...

No, Grizzly Dave, I'm sleeping in tomorrow! And Tame Bill, do you spend ALL your time searching for BSSes???

mb, tired from skipping work and riding up Vail Pass...

Anonymous said...

I have been preaching for years now how we should go to just a flat federal sales tax on everything. Supposedly, only 50% of "Americans" pay an income tax. Well, 100% of "Americans" still have to buy toilet paper, food, clothing, computers, gasoline, electricity, natural gas, etc. Pay a sales tax once, mainly just at the cash register and be done with it. Also...I am no Constitutional scholar, but can someone explain to me how submitting a 1040 every April 15th is not an end run around the Fifth Amendment protections against self-incrimination. If the tax code is so complicated that you have to get a CPA to complete your 1040, aren't the CPA's fees kinda like a tax in itself? And the time and stress involved with getting your taxes done is...well...taxing...that is time better spent on being more productive. And in the case of Michael Bane here, time he could have better spent on putting his shows together, which actually employ people. Get rid of the income tax!

yunya212 said...

In many instances, these are speedily harmed. For that reason, we should hsddrefsj instead hold cure of our own Cheap Oakley Sunglasses whenever you can. Zero make a difference where by anyone position your current Oakley Frogskins, you may need to be aware of that will position your eyeglass contact lenses while in the second facet. Should you be thinking of receiving some Oakley Frogskin, in this article are generally amount of rules with regards to tips on how to invest in the perfect one particular. Oakley Radar get transform into a new need to for each and every player, motorcycle while Oakley Radar Sunglasses effectively because people involving playing golf, the game of golf, cricket along with mineral water activities and the like.

www.lugo-3d.com said...

Oh my god, there's a great deal of useful material in this post!