Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Still Gearing Up for NRA!

Narrator: There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
— Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Radio Shows, 1978

I just don't feel like The Force is with me today...for example, I keep thinking my suitcase is going to pack itself, and yet despite my most intense thoughts, nothing ever seems to happen. As a consequence, I bought a weird-looking shoulder holster. I'm not sure about the cause and effect there. Maybe if I took a nap.

I got notice that the much-anticipated Heizer .45 Double Tap derringer should be on its way to me end of the month...I expect this thing to be a monster sales wise, not to mention relaunching the apparently endless debate on DERRINGERS— Effective Self-Defense Tool or Spawn of Satan?

I come down on the side of anything that goes bang as being more effective than harsh language, or even a sharp stick. I consider my Bond Arms .45/.410 as an excellent, albeit beefy, dog-walking gun and have used it as such for years. As I've gotten older, I've become more of a proponent of 2 guns for CCW holders, largely because of the ability to hand the second gun off the a spousal unit or a friend who is not carrying. New York Reloads, as Jim Cirillo called them, are also quick like bunny.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One gun is no gun. Two guns is one gun. Three is better.

dilvish said...

Huh - I ordered one of those holsters just the other day. Looking forward to your review of it.

Anonymous said...

"deep conceal"? yeah...they sure picked a model who could conceal a gatling gun in her blouse! Oy!

Anonymous said...

Please post your impressions of the Double Tap here on the blog. I really, kinda, sorta want one, but an O/U that is as big as a Chiefs Special maybe ain't the smartest purchase a person can make.

Kristophr said...

They are Personal Satanic Self-Defense tools.

In .45 ACP or bigger, they hurt you almost as much as they do the target.

Rob Drummond said...

Michael,
I think the two gun CCW is a winner. I carried two LCP's for a while for the extra capacity until I started carrying the SR9c. I thought about a second SR9c or just carry my LC9 as a second gun haven't figured that one out yet. I can always find an excuse for another gun to buy.

On the Heizer .45 Double Tap derringer sounds interesting. I have handled & toyed with the Bond derringers & liked them. As a dog walking gun it might just do. Last year out in the woods one of my dogs killed a rabid racoon pretty common around here matter fact I figure that is an eventually walking in the woods around here.
Rob Drummond
Hillsboro, NH