Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Comforting Presence

Spent the evening filming openings and closings for THE BEST DEFENSE in a seedy area of a big urban downtown...the SR9c was definitely a comforting presence! Am getting ready for Friday's "live studio audience" session for SG. Response has been so great we may split up the session and do a second session end of January.

So Black Friday set a 1-day record for NICS checks, so much so that it briefly shut the system down. I can't find the link but I read that 62% of the checks in this bubble are long guns. Wow! That's a lot of bolt-action rifles! Joking...joking! That represents a flood of AR and AK platform guns. I've been looking around for a lower for an SBR .300 Blackout project,,and my first choices (Spike's, DSA, Noveske, Stag) are MIA.


7 comments:

DamDoc said...

62% plus all those stripped AR lowers in the "other gun" category!

Tom from Roanoke said...

I bought a lower from DelTon a few weeks ago, other than not having "marquee" stampings it seems very well made. I don't actually need another AR at the present, it's more of an insurance policy.

gunman42782 said...

Mike, have you had any reports on the SR9cs pins walking out of the frame? I work at Knob Creek (shaked your hand last time you where there) and we have had 3 of them come back to the shop where the pin that holds the steel inserts into the frame would just walk out. You put them back in and rack the slide and out they would come again. Had to send em back to Ruger.

"gunner" said...

funny coincidence mike, on amother online forum i was just discussing my pet nightmare working armed, before i retired. getting into a firefight in an urban area, like downtown springfield mass. "its not the bullet with a name on it that you've got to worry about, its the one addressed "to whom it may concern." "always be sure of your target,and what's beyond it."

Anonymous said...

hope that feinstein, bho and the UN are paying attention...
won't stop them from trying some sort of a grab, but it sure does give us another "talking point" of our own.

Michael Bane said...

I had some issues with pins backing out on the first production prototype SR9s, but I have never had the problem with my SR9c. I'll be watching for it now.

I think that we as an industry haven't yet figured how we're going to attack a potential new ban. I suspect the thinking is that a ban is a non-starter, so if we start generating a lot of heat and light now we are in effect giving it a higher visibility than it can get on its own.

I think the big card we are holding is that the AR platform is the most popular rifle in America, the best-selling, the largest "installed base," a major hunting rifle, the defining competition rifle and a rifle manufactured by EVERY major player in the market (except Glock) and a staggering number of minor players. This is NOT 1993, when ARs were an insignificant slice of the market and, essentially, the little guy that Washington thugs could pick on...

mb

Unknown said...

Bought 2 Stag lowers pre-election, built one into an ambidextrous platform and paired it with a Spikes Tactical LE upper. Gorgeous. The other is my 'spare'.