Friday, September 13, 2013

Manning the Ark!

I'm halfway around the world in the middle of a bone-dry desert, and they're building arks in Colorado. Luckily, the Secret Hidden Bunker is (very) high and dry...if the water makes it to the Bunker, it's an extinction level event. I'll bake cookies!

There's an excellent piece on Fox on the recalls. I'd post it here, but I don't actually know how with this program. The short story is that when Democrats decided that Michael Bloomberg meant more to them than the people of Colorado -- the poor, lied-to saps that elected them in the first place -- the Dem's fates were sealed.

Here in Safari-World, the eland continues to elude me (note tricky alliteration)...I believe I may have walked across the Kalahari at least twice...and swallowed much of it. There are endless gemsbok...I suppose if I was hunting gemsbok there'd be endless eland. Did get a great kudu bull on a 125 yard shot through pretty thick bush. Consolation on the elusive eland, one supposes.

We're on the Wildacker Guest Farm, 15,000HA up near the Angloa border...beautiful place. The PHs from Immenhof Hunting, the von Seydlitz family operation, are doing a wonderful job of guiding.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's the food? Are you enjoying any of the game at the dinner table? How about African wines?

Life Member

Waddy said...

I, too, have always wondered if you get to eat any of your own (or other's, for that matter) game.

JohninMd.(too late?!??) said...

Good to hear the Secret Hidden Bunker and yer Sweetie are safe, was wondering....

Unknown said...

I know this is totally off the subject, but me and son are trying to find out what the theme song to Gun Stories is. Please help