Thursday, September 24, 2015

Getting Started on Rehab!

Muddy knees have got me all a-quiver, 
Muddy knees have got me all aglow, 
Muddy knees have sent me for a paper, 
To a newsstand near I know
Monty Python



We all know that every journey begin with a single step…or swing, as it were. Now that I'm home from the hospital, it's time to spin up the rehab. My Sweetie should be back from the hardware store in just a few minutes, and we can get started!


I anticipate being not only stronger, but taller as well. I hope she reads the instruction manual!

Anyhow, the surgery went fine,,,they drugged the crap out of me and I woke up an hour or so later from a nasty dream full of clowns, like waking up at a Juggalo gathering, except without the exhibitionism and body paint.





9 comments:

DamDoc said...

The final scenes of Braveheart come to mind... the fall you mentioned in the podcast sounded horrific... like beck weathers with his arm frozen above his head and coat wide open at 60 below zero with hurricane force winds.... good luck.. after my cardio ablation last month, which fixed the problem, i have to say getting old is not for the meek at heart!... but better than the alternative... hang in there!

DamDoc said...

Kathy Bates is a nice touch! ;-)

DDavis said...

"Pain is just weakness leaving the body"....... perhaps, but it still hurts like hell doing rehab! Take care.

Sheepdog1968 said...

Glad to hear you are on the beginning of the mend. Shall we hear an Amy Winehouse song on a future podcast?

KMitch200 said...

Glad fix number one went well Michael.
Now get ready for fix number two and you'll be all set!

KevinC said...

It's one thing to quote Monty Python, and another to quote from the "Contractual Obligation" album.

Well-done.

tablekiller said...

Get well soon Michael!

Pathfinder said...

Ah, I see what you did with the pictures in the post. You're presenting the sugar-coated view of rehab!!!!!

I particularly like the part in rehab where you're desperately trying to bend the knee, and the PT guy "helps" out and pushes on your foot. When I do it, I can stop at my pain threshold. When he does it, he stops at HIS pain threshold!

Enjoy, recover well and quickly Michael. You're not alone.

Frank said...

Had a bad fall 4 years ago and blew out four quad tendons, two on each leg. Couldn't bend them for 2 months. Wheel chair, toilet apparatus, shower chairs... Lots of fun. I hope it works out well for you. It did as first for me but I'm learning that any surgery (I'm beyond the ability to keep count even before that particular adventure) is only fixed for a limited time. Tough times for you. Hang in.